Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What Bothers You The Most?

I like your comments. Remember, you can comment anonymously at any time. One of the beautiful things about the human spirit is that we all experience the same things, but react and think of them differently. I enjoy hearing others' views on shared experiences. I am struggling to become what I want to be and/or what I think I should be.

It is interesting that as we grow older, our perceptions of time change, people change, habits change, the world changes and we die. Do you have control over who you are? Are you who you want to be? Are you becoming that person? Do you let your life lead you? Or do you lead your life?

What bothers you the most? Are you afraid to die? I am afraid of heights, but it is not what bothers me the most. What struggles have you overcome? What have you done recently that you are incredibly ashamed of? How do you think people would react to the news? I suppose that "Post Secret" has got the market cornered on this type of personal expression, but I'll still throw it out there.

Take a moment to think about who you are, where you are and where you are going. Let's talk about it.


2 comments:

George said...

Not posting anonymously here...but I think the issue of control (or lack thereof) that you mentioned is the most frustrating thing these days.

Signing a lease is something I'll likely be doing soon. I find that to be one of the most anxiety-laden tasks adult life has to offer. I feel like I'm striking through the next 6 or 12 months of my life, almost as though I'm banking on being complacent. Frustrating, for sure.

Thomas said...

Thanks, anonymity is not required, although I appreciate your openness.

While I've not signed a lease, a feeling of imprisonment by circumstance is quite uncomfortable. Cheers for taking such a big step.